Director of Research CNRS, Aix-Marseille University
Centre Interdisciplinaire de Nanoscience de Marseille - (CNRS / Aix-Marseille Université), FRANCE
Olivier Siri obtained his PhD (1997) from the University of Burgundy in Dijon. Subsequently, he worked as post-doctoral fellow in Prof. Kevin M. Smith’s group at the University of California in Davis (1997-199 8) ; and then spent 6 months at the University of Neuchâtel (Neier group, Switzerland). He joined the CNRS in 1999 at the University of Strasbourg and moved in 2005 at Aix-Marseille University. He is currently Director of Research (CNRS) and group leader at CINaM laboratory. He is also deputy director of CINaM. His main research interests deal with the synthesis of molecular and supramolecular conjugated pi-systems with a particular emphasis on interpreting structure/property relationships in order to highlight their potential as Near Infra-Red (NIR) dyes in photonic, as ligand in coordination chemistry and nanoscience, or as building block in material science. He is an author and co-author of about 100 publications and patent applications, and has given 80 plenary, keynote, and invited talks.
Areas of expertise
Organic and coordination chemistry of tetraazamacrocycles (cyclams, porphyrins, phthalocyanines, azacalixarenes, azacalixphyrines), quinones and azapentacenes; photonic and electronic properties of organic materials; elaboration of concepts rationalizing structure-reactivity relationships.
- L. Lavaud, C. Azarias, G. Canard, S. Pascal, J. Galiana, M. Giorgi, Z. Chen, D. Jacquemin, O. Siri, Fused bis-azacalixphyrin that reaches NIR-II absorptions Chem. Commun. 2020, 56, 896-899.
- S. Pascal, L. Lavaud, C. Azarias, G. Canard, M. Giorgi, D. Jacquemin and O. Siri, Azacalixquinarenes: from Canonical to (Poly-)Zwitterionic macrocycles through Intramolecular H-Transfer, J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 1387-1397.
- L. Lavaud, S. Pascal, K. Metwally, D. Gasteau, A. Da Silva, Z. Chen, M. Elhabiri, G. Canard, D. Jacquemin and O. Siri, Azacalixphyrins as NIR Photoacoustic Contrast Agents, Chem. Commun. 2018, 54, 12365-12368.
- Z. Chen, G. Canard, D. Jacquemin, C. Bucher and O Siri, Heterobimetallic effect as a new strategy to access multinuclear complexe, Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 12536–12542.
- M. Koudia, E. Nardi, O. Siri and M. Abel, Controlling the synthesis of single layer covalent metal organic coordination networks over micrometer-scale. Nano Research 2017, 10, 933–940.
- L. Lavaud, Z. Chen, M. Elhabiri, D. Jacquemin, G. Canard and O. Siri, Di- vs tetra-substituted quinonediimines: a drastic effect in coordination chemistry, Dalton Trans., 2017, 46, 12794–12803.
- S. Pascal and O. Siri, Benzoquinonediimine ligands: synthesis, coordination chemistry and properties, Coord. Chem. Rev. 2017, 350, 178–195.
- Z.Chen, R. Haddoub, J. Mahé, G. Marchand, D. Jacquemin, J. Andeme Edzang, G. Canard, D. Ferry, O. Grauby A. Ranguis and O. Siri, N-Substituted Azacalixphyrins: Synthesis, Properties, and Self-Assembly. Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 17820 – 17832.
- H. Audi, Z. Chen, A. Charaf-Eddin, A. D’Aléo, G. Canard, D. Jacquemin and O. Siri, Extendable nickel complex tapes, Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 15140-15143.
- Z. Chen, M. Giorgi, D. Jacquemin, M. Elhabiri and O. Siri, Azacalixarene : the hidden porphyrin cousin brought to light, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 125, 6370-6374.