Dr Timothy Tan PhD PPA(G)
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
CNYANG Scholars Program
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Dr Timothy Tan obtained his Ph.D in Chemical Engineering from the University of New South Wales, Australia. He is interested in the engineering, manipulation and interrogation of nano-biophotonic systems, with an ultimate goal of enhancing biological and chemical functions. His group has developed novel upconversion nanotheranostics suitable for photodynamic and photothermal therapy, photoacoustic imaging and skin photomedicine, with potential application in eczema and carcinoma phototherapy. His group has also innovated various smart hydrogel delivery platform which has demonstrated effective siRNA delivery.
Dr Tan has published more than 100 peer-reviewed papers and obtained/applied for 8 patents. His work has garnered more 5500 citations with a H-index of 44. His recent awards include Singapore President’s Public Administration Award 2015 and Young Investigator Award in “International Symposium of Materials on Regenerative Medicine 2012”.
Nanobio-interfaces, nanophotonics, nano-architecture engineering, biomaterials.
Total number of journal publications: 101, Total citations: 5502, H-index: 44
- Z Yu, WK Chan, TTY Tan, Neodymium‐Sensitized Nanoconstructs for Near‐Infrared Enabled Photomedicine, Small, 2020, 16, (1), 1905265
- Yu, W Hu, H Zhao, X Miao, Y Guan, W Cai, Z Zeng, Q Fan, TTY Tan*. “Generating New Cross Relaxation Pathways by Coating Prussian Blue on NaNdF4 for Enhanced Photothermal Agents, Angewandte Chemie 2019, 131, 25, 8624.
- Y Ao, K Zeng, B Yu, Y Miao, W Hung, Z Yu, Y Xue, TTY Tan, T Xu, M Zhen, X Yang. Y Zhang, An Upconversion Nanoparticle Enables Near Infrared-Optogenetic Manipulation of the C. elegans Motor Circuit, ACS Nano, 2019, 13 (3), pp 3373.
- Z Zeng, S Chen, TTY Tan, FX Xiao, “Graphene quantum dots (GQDs) and Its Derivatives for Multifarious Photocatalysis and Photoelectrocatalysis” Catalysis Today 2018 315 p171
- Y Zhang, Z Yu, J Li, Y Ao, J Xue, Z Zeng, X Yang, TT Tan* “Ultrasmall-Superbright Neodymium-Upconversion Nanoparticles via Energy Migration Manipulation and Lattice Modification: 808 nm-Activated Drug Release” ACS Nano 2017, 11, 3, 2846
- Engineering and understanding of five photon UVB 311 nm upconversion through energy migration manipulation and nanoarchitecture design of Nd3+-perovskite-sensitized nanoconstructs
- Remote-controlled Photo-therapy with Small-Scale Wireless Bioelectronics
- siRNA-based Anti-Scarring Cosmetic Microneedle Patch
- A new treatment strategy for cancer Immunotherapy using near-infrared responsive hydrogels as an injectable therapeutic device for in-situ modulation of tumour microenvironment
- A Preliminary Study of An Injectable Delivery System for Targeted and Trackable Collagen Crosslinker Delivery in Myopic Guinea Pigs
- A novel wide-spectrum antimicrobial nanocomposite: a synergistic superhydrophobic and antimicrobial coating for passive and active antimicrobial activity
- Development of Graphene Oxide Quantum Dots Functionalized Membrane with Significantly-Enhanced Bactericidal and Anti-biofouling Performance